Grand Canyon Sunset Tour From Sedona / Flagstaff
Duration: Full Day
Departs from: Hotels in Sedona and Flagstaff, AZ
Your Grand Canyon Tour starts off with a scenic ride from the Red Rocks of Sedona, through Oak Creek (one of the top 10 scenic drives in America) and towering Ponderosa Pines of Flagstaff. After meeting our Flagstaff guests, we drive past the dormant volcanoes that make up the San Francisco Peaks, on our way to the Navajo Reservation.
We'll make a stop at the Historic Cameron Trading Post, originally built in 1916 and one of the finest places to shop for authentic Native American souvenirs. You may also visit The Gallery, home of many breathtaking pieces of fine and historic Native American Arts and Crafts.
On the last leg of your journey from Sedona or Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon, you'll view the western edge of the Painted Desert and drive along the Little Colorado River Gorge. Upon entering the Grand Canyon National Park (entrance fees are included), you'll get your first views of the Grand Canyon and Colorado River at Desert View. Climb up to the top of the Watchtower Observatory, one of the crowning achievements of architect Mary Colter.
We'll pick you up at your hotel and give you a first class ride all through the Canyon. Enjoy the comfort of riding in a mini coach with large windows for excellent views! Spend all of your time looking at the beautiful scenery and wildlife!
Don't concern yourself with watching the road or following a map, we know the canyon inside and out. Our experts will show you the canyon in a better light than you can find. These naturalists truly know all that this canyon has to offer, and you won't want to miss what they can show and teach you.
After dinner, take a leisurely, -mile walk along the South Rim where you'll take in the breadth of the Grand Canyon as you gaze 14 miles across to the North Rim. We'll go between two of the most scenic points on the South Rim, with plenty of photo opportunities. Visit the only point where you can see both Phantom Ranch as well as the Kaibab Suspension Bridge. You'll be able to view over 1/4 of the Grand Canyon from this area, which is also one of the best spots to have the opportunity to see the amazing array of colors, shadows and lighting that are the Hallmark of a Sunset at the Grand Canyon.
Type of Trans
- Spectacular Grand Canyon Sunset!
- travel in air conditioned comfort without a worry to driving congested roads, long lines, wrong turns.
- Enjoy Dinner at a park lodge.
- relax and enjoy the beauty and the splendor of one of nature's finest creations.
- Experience the thrill of the roaring rapids
- View native wildlife in their natural environment
We travel in small groups of no more than 14 people. We use mini-coaches that have been retrofitted with luxury, reclining seats with arm rests. Our vehicles are arguably the most comfortable way to travel on the ground. This insures that you will have plenty of space and will never feel crowded. A center isle makes it easy for everyone to get in and out of the vehicle.
Dinner is included on the tour br />
Suitable for ALL ages and mobility levels
What to bring/Wear
The vehicles will be comfortable but please adjust what you wear so that you are comfortable outside as well. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- All entry fees and permits are included
- Travel in comfort, luxury and style - small groups and lots of space
- Our expert naturalists show you river rafters, hikers, mule riders, abandoned mines, caves, and hidden details that you would never see yourself
- By special permit arrangement we are allowed to take you into the canyon for unique vistas, and a more personal experience with the canyon. Our guides will also allow you time for your own personal exploration.
- Hiking into the canyon, and long walks are an option. Some folks prefer shorter walks, or may prefer to sit in the shade and contemplate the immensity of the canyon. We are able to accommodate all needs and preferences on our tour. Even within the same group!
All Day, pace of the group.
Daily throughout the Year
Departure Time & Location
We'll pick you up at your hotel early in the morning. A good approximate is around 11:30 AM! Local pick up and drop off are included for the towns of Sedona and Flagstaff. Let us know the hotel you'll need to be picked up from while booking.