Firearms Instruction Short Course
Become familiar with a variety of different firearms on the Firearms Instruction Experience. You'll have a sufficient amount of time to practice and s...
Tomcar Three Mine Adventure
Get a change of scenery on our Tomcar Adventure/Three Mine Tour! Come off-roading and get behind the wheel of one of our Tomcars. You'll have the time...
Tomcar Crown King Adventure
On the Tomcar Adventure/Crown King Tour you'll find challenging ascents, descents, and river crossings. Go wild in the Sonoran Desert in our special T...
Half Day Tomcar Adventure
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Departs from: Road Runner Restaurant and Saloon in New River
On the Half Day Tomcar Adventure taking place in New River, Arizona you'll be treated to one of the most adventurous days of your life. Enjoy the desert scenery in a way you never imagined. The tomcar is a former military special operations unit vehicle that tackles the most difficult and rugged terrain with ease. Not only does get your through challenging ascents, descents, rivers, creeks, and desert, but it does it while keeping you comfortable. The most unique thing about this excursion is that we allow you to be the driver of the tomcar! You get to see the majestic Sonoran Desert from behind the wheel of a military special ops unit vehicle! It's an adventure unlike any other you've ever taken.
By allowing you to drive, we've taken the hummer and jeep tours to a whole new level. We searched the world for all of the most exciting basic operating vehicles that still provide a comfortable ride and we've found nothing comparable to the tomcar. It allows our guests extreme excitement and fun while at the comfort they deserve. As you self pilot this machine, enjoy the teachings of our experienced guides as they share their extensive knowledge of this great desert region. They inform you of the vast wildlife and beautiful plant life of the Sonoran Desert as well as some of the history of the land. Incredible animals inhabit this glorious area and you'll be granted the privilege of exploring it to find some of them. Photos will be encouraged, to allow memories to be shared with others. Also offered on this trip is a collection of photos that we'll put on a CD for our guests. Come explore the beautiful desert of Arizona. Driving the tomcar will provide an adventure that you will never forget.
Type of Transportation
- Meet your guide for a brief overview and instruction on how to properly operate your vehicle
- Experience the mystery and history of the Sonoran Desert on low impact, comfortable guided tour
- Stop along the way to explore and enjoy incredible views of the rugged and beautiful landscape, turquoise mines, and Indian ruins
- Although you travel in a convoy, we never mix parties...your party will get their own vehicle(s) and you can share the driving among your own party as well
- Take home a souvenir bandanna and a photo disc containing a picture from your tour
- Movies are taken as well and you can purchase those separately
Physical Activity Level
Good physical health recommended. Shouldn't participate if pregnant or recently out of surgery.
What to Wear
Comfortable clothes. Please dress for the weather. We recommend hats, sunglasses, closed toed shoes, long pants, sun block and a camera.
- Drivers must be 18 and have a valid driver's license, passengers under 18 need to have a waiver signed by a guardian
- Deposit of $1,000 to be held on credit card for damage deductible
- Group maximum is 20 people
- There is some optional, very light hiking/climbing and you will get dusty
3.5 hours total, actual drive time is about 2.25 hours. Only couple mile drive to tour location.
Year round, 7 days a week
Departure Time & Location
Oct. - May : 8:30 AM, 1:30 PM
Jun. - Sep.: 7:30 AM, 3:30 PM
Departs from the Road Runner Restaurant and Saloon in New River, Arizona
**Schedules may change to accommodate at least 3 in convoy**
If booking with less, call in and check availability
Half day not enough for a tomcar tour?
Check out either our Tomcar Crown King Adventure tour or our Tomcar Three Mine Adventure tour.