Colorado River Float Trip
Incredible scenery and wildlife on this gentle, smooth-water tour on the Colorado River from Sedona and Flagstaff. Sit back and relax as your river gu...
River Rafting - Colorado River Float Trip
Duration: Full Day
Departs from: Hotels in Sedona and Flagstaff, AZ
Your Colorado River Rafting Float Tour starts off with a scenic and narrated ride from the Red Rocks of Sedona, through Oak Creek Canyon (from Sedona - one of the top 10 scenic drives in America) and through the towering Ponderosa Pines of Flagstaff.
After meeting our guests from Flagstaff, your Colorado River Rafting Tour will take you past the dormant volcanoes which make up the San Francisco Peaks and through the Navajo Nation.
Throughout your travels, you'll receive informative and entertaining narration about the areas through which you pass from some of the most experienced and knowledgeable tour guides from the Sedona and Flagstaff areas.
Upon your arrival in Page, Arizona, you'll drive through a spectacular 2-mile tunnel through the cliff walls of Glen Canyon, right to the base of the Glen Canyon Dam. Between Glen Canyons walls that rise over a thousand feet, you float on your raft tour along a gentle stretch of the Colorado River just south of Lake Powell and the mighty Glen Canyon Dam.
Sit back and relax as your river guide leads you on a breathtaking journey of colorful rock formations, soaring wild life, ancient Indian petroglyphs, folklore as well as natural and human history. Stop off for an easy hike to get a closer look at the petroglyphs, and enjoy your ''Feast on the Beach'' (an amazing picnic lunch on the banks of the river). You end your river journey at Marble Canyon and historic Lees Ferry, complete with cabins of the early settlers.
On your return trip from your Colorado River Raft Float Tour, you'll pass by the Echo Cliffs and western edge of the Painted Desert as you re-cross the Navajo Reservation for a stop at the historic Cameron Trading Post. Shop for all sorts of Native American arts and crafts and visit The Gallery, home of many fine and rare pieces of Indian Arts and Crafts.
We'll pick you up at your hotel and give you a first class ride all All the way to the river. Enjoy the comfort of riding in a mini coach with large windows for excellent views! Spend all of your time looking at the beautiful scenery!
Type of Trans
- travel in air conditioned comfort li>
- enjoy a free gourmet picnic lunch on the banks of the Colorado River.
- relax and enjoy the beauty and the splendor of one of nature's finest creations.
- Experience the thrill of the 1000 foot cliffs of Glen Canyon
- Witness the engineering marvel of Glen Canyon Dam
- Visit the historic Cameron Trading Post on the Navajo Reservation
- Discover hidden Indian pictographs
- View native wildlife in their natural environment
We travel in small groups of no more than 14 people. We use mini-coaches that have been retrofitted with luxury, reclining seats with arm rests. Our vehicles are arguably the most comfortable way to travel on the ground. This insures that you will have plenty of space and will never feel crowded. A center isle makes it easy for everyone to get in and out of the vehicle. Once on the river you will travel on motorized rafts.
Your credit card will be charged the day before the tour. We are happy to pick you up at your Sedona or Flagstaff hotel. Exact pick up time will be emailed to you.
You will love our included lunch on the river!
Suitable for ALL ages and mobility levels
What to bring/Wear
The vehicles will be comfortable but please adjust what you wear so that you are comfortable outside as well. Comfortable shoes are recommended. You will only get wet if you want too!
- All entry fees and permits are included
- Travel in comfort, luxury and style - small groups and lots of space
- Our expert naturalists show you river rafters, hikers, mule riders, abandoned mines, caves, and hidden details that you would never see yourself
- By special permit arrangement we are allowed to take you into the canyon for unique vistas, and a more personal experience with the canyon. Our guides will also allow you time for your own personal exploration.
- Hiking into the canyon, and long walks are an option. Some folks prefer shorter walks, or may prefer to sit in the shade and contemplate the immensity of the canyon. We are able to accommodate all needs and preferences on our tour. Even within the same group!
All Day, pace of the group.
Daily throughout the Year
Departure Time & Location
We'll pick you up at your hotel early in the morning. A good approximate is around 7:00 AM! Local pick up and drop off are included for the towns of Sedona and Flagstaff. Let us know the hotel you'll need to be picked up from while booking.